Happy Hogs Catering, York
Happy Hogs Catering, Blackwood Pig Farm, North Duffield, York, YO8 5DB.
Any mechanical breakdown, flood, fire, storm, tempest, act of war, terrorism, Government restriction or act of God which may cause the hirer’s premises to be inaccessible or closed temporarily or otherwise or the function to be interrupted or the supply or movement of meat to be restricted or prohibited.
The organisation and/or the individual in whose name the booking is made.
Bookings & Payments
1. All quotations are guaranteed for 14 days.
1a. Payments can be made via; BACS transfer to HSBC account number 51264915 sort code 40-12-28 or use the PayPal button on the website or send bankers draft cheque, personal cheque to address at top of page. (n.b. cash on the day is not accepted)
2. A deposit of £120.00 or 10% whichever is greater (as detailed) must be paid at the time of the booking or within 7 days to confirm your date/booking; if a deposit is not paid and signed booking form returned to Happy Hogs Catering the date will be released. Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis and are only confirmed by a deposit and signed booking form being received within 7 days of confirming a booking.
3. The booking form that the client signs is a legally binding contract and must be adhered to, by signing the booking form it is assumed that you/the client have read, understood and agree to our terms and conditions of service.
4. Guest numbers and serve times can be changed up to one month prior to the event date, after this time the client may incur additional charges to accommodate the changes. For example if numbers decrease the client is liable for an increase in costs, as quotes given are based on the numbers given at the time of booking. Any increase in your guest number will result in an additional charge to cover the cost of the additional food supplied, service and admin costs.
5. Invoices; full cleared payment must be made in full no less than 14 days prior to the event, failure to pay in full may result in your event being cancelled and full payment and associated incurred costs being recovered.
6. Prices: All prices are based on portion per head and decreases with increased guest numbers and increases with decreased guest’s numbers. The more guests the smaller per head/portion price.
7. We will provide the client with the services stated in ‘the’ contract only on the day of your event; additional services can be added up to 14 days prior to your event at associated costs.
8. We do not store or have access to customer payment details that have been made through the PayPal payment system.
9. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, using a debt recovery agent if we are not paid according to our agreed terms and conditions.
10. To secure a booking the client must pay a non-refundable deposit, if the booking is cancelled by the client this deposit will not be refunded.
11. Cancellations should be made by telephone and confirmed in writing and will be effective on the date received by Happy Hogs Catering.
12. In the event that the hirer cancels the booking, the following cancellation charges will apply:
- Less than three months written notice 35% of the final balance
- Less than two months written notice 50% of the final balance
- Less than 21 days written notice 100% of the final balance
13. We require close parking for a Transit size vehicle and easy level access of 31 inches wide to include gates and door ways to your preferred serving location.
14. Our staff for health and safety cannot lift our hog roast ovens/BBQs/equipment over garden walls, up or down flights of stairs, however one or two steps is acceptable.
15. Access needs to be clear as we will not move away any of your personal items or furniture etc.
16. Our insurance does not cover clients to lift our machines/equipment for health and safety.
17. We cannot work in unfit or unsafe conditions to include inclement weather.
18. Abusive and threatening behaviour towards our staff at your event will not be tolerated under any circumstances and could result in us; contacting the police, leaving your event with no refund and legal action being taken.
19. All children are classed as a portion.
20. We reserve the right to amend the contract at any time for increases in meat prices for 20013/14.
21. Any damages to our equipment caused by the client or guests will need to be paid for no later than 7 days after the event.
22. Happy Hogs Catering cannot be held responsible for events outside of our control Force Majeure which results in the failure to provide services for ‘said’ event.
23. We provide gazebo shelters to events; however they are only suitable for fine weather and sheltered locations and not as protection from wind and heavy rain.
24. We operate a 1 to 2hr serve time (in line with EHO guidelines) which is set out in the booking form/contract. If service commences later than agreed we cannot be held responsible for any detrimental effect that this may subsequently have on the food being supplied. In addition to the invoiced amount further charges, which should be paid within 7 days of the event, may be levied for additional staffing time incurred or time can be deducted from the serve period.
25. Food can only be left out for a maximum of 2 hours in line with EHO and Food Standards Act 1999 and should after this be disposed of. If ‘the client’ wishes to keep any food leftover after service has finished it is wholly the clients’ responsibility for the safe storage and safety and suitable food containers should be provided for this.